This page is a collection of online and physical resources for people who are interested in the topic of unconventional natural gas and oil extraction, commonly referred to as “fracking.” If you don’t see a resource listed here or in the Endnote Library, please let us know.
In the event of an emergency, such as a spill or release of hazardous material, including oil, to the environment, citizens are advised to call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.
Organizations Working on Unconventional Oil and Gas Extraction
With the map above you can zoom, scroll, and click on points to find out which organizations near you are involved with oil and gas extraction. This map is by no means complete. If you find that your organization is not shown on the map, just email email@example.com with the details or click here to fill out an online form. Groups that have websites associated with them are also listed below:
ORGANIZATIONS LISTED BY TYPE
Download our Library of Shale Gas Extraction Reports in Endnote and text file versions (Last updated June 2013 by Ted Auch). Additionally, Bucknell maintains a searchable Marcellus Shale Initiative Publications Database online.
Testimonials and presentations to regulatory and advisory authorities on various environmental issues associated with drilling. Below are some of their most recent written testimonies and presentations:
- Ecological Values of the Old Logger’s Path area of Loyalsock State Forest. Presentation by Paul T. Zeph, Director of Conservation, Audubon Pennsylvania – September 2013 – PDF
- Congressional Energy and Environment Subcommittee, Committee on Science, Space, and Technology – February 1, 2012 – PDF
- Secretary of Energy Advisory Board Natural Gas Subcommittee – June 14, 2011 – PDF
- New York Assembly Standing Committee on Environmental Conservation – June 6, 2011 – PDF
- Prepared for the Pennsylvania Environmental Council for Submission to the Marcellus Shale Commission – May 28, 2011 – PDF
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works and its Subcommittee on Water and Wildlife, Joint Hearing “Natural Gas Drilling, Public Health and Environmental Impacts” – April 12, 2011 – PwPt | Written
- U.S. EPA Hydraulic Fracturing Study Technical Workshop 3, Fate and Transport – March 28-29, 2011 – PwPt | Written
Please note: We are in the process of redesigning the entire Resources section of our website. If you have recommendations for additions or changes, contact us.