Job Title: Data & GIS Intern
Internship Period: February 1, 2021 – April 23, 2021, three months
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
Compensation: $12/hour, 10 hours per week
Locations: Two remote positions available in collaboration with either the Pittsburgh, PA office or the Cleveland, OH office.
FracTracker internships are dedicated to current college and graduate students, as well as recent grads. Applicants should enjoy working with datasets, visualizations, and maps as well as analyzing and writing about oil, gas, and petrochemical issues. FracTracker is offering two paid internships from February 1 through April 23, 2020 in collaboration with the following offices: Pittsburgh, PA and Cleveland, OH. These positions are expected to be 100% remote depending on public health conditions. See where we work.
Learn more about FracTracker’s internship program and explore the work past intern projects.
The responsibilities of paid interns revolve around the daily work of the other FracTracker staff, time-sensitive projects, and the interns’ own areas of interests. Responsibilities will vary, but may include:
- Data mining, cleaning, management, and GIS mapping
- Limited spatial analyses using GIS software
- Translation of data into blog posts
- Communications support, including website development, content creation, and other tasks as needed
- GIS/mapping; Experience with ArcGIS
- Writing and editing; Experience with Microsoft Word
- Public speaking
- Citizen science
- Data management; Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Website development; Knowledge of WordPress
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Communication and adherence to deadlines
- Enrollment in or recent graduation from an accredited college or university is required. Majors can include geography, computer science, environmental science, public health, planning or a related field.
- Interest in the mission of FracTracker; Familiarity with environmental justice issues
- Knowledge of environmental and/or public health concerns or other issues of relevance to understanding the implications of oil and gas extraction and climate change
To apply for one of our spring 2021 paid data & GIS internship positions, please submit the following materials through the online application form below: cover letter, resume, and three references. Applications are not accepted via email, but you may address questions to Shannon Smith at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: November 20, 2020 at 5:00pm EST.
Interviews will be conducted during the period of November 30 – December 11, 2020, and a decision made by December 18, 2020. All applicants will be contacted regarding the outcome of their application.
About FracTracker Alliance
Insights Empowering Action
Learn more about FracTracker Alliance at www.fractracker.org.
Questions? Contact Shannon Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.